Kinsale Connect's Terms and Conditions
Kinsale Connect: Terms & Conditions
*** By purchasing a ticket and using our services, you agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions. ***
General Terms and Conditions of Carriage
Issued by: Kinsale Connect
“We”, “our”, “ourselves”, “us” and “the company” mean Kinsale Connect.
“You”, “your” and “yourself” mean any person whom we have agreed to carry on our services and/or the person responsible for making the reservation.
“Passenger” or “ticket holder” means a person whom we have agreed to carry on a bus service, as identified by means of the issue of a Confirmation of Travel, Confirmation of Payment or a bus ticket (see also the definition of “you”, “your” and “yourself”).
“Luggage” means your personal property accompanying you in connection with your trip.
2. Personal data
You recognize that personal data has been given to us for the purposes of: bus transport. For these purposes, you authorize us to retain and use such data and to transmit it to our own offices. Your personal data will not be used for marketing activities without your prior permission.
3. Terms and conditions of travel
- All passengers must hold a valid ticket for travel and tickets must be retained for inspection.
- Ticket prices are based on the route being travelled and the type of fare.
- Passengers may be requested to present a valid photo ID (YAC Card, Student Leap Card or ISIC Card) in conjunction with their student, teen or YAC ticket.
- Free Travel Pass holders may be asked for supporting ID, including photographic ID. Free Travel Passes will be confiscated if there are reasonable grounds to suspect they are being used fraudulently.
- A “Seat Only Reservation” is not a valid ticket for travel and must be accompanied by a valid ticket or Free Travel Card/Pass.
- Return tickets are only valid for one use in each direction. Unused return tickets are valid for 12 months.
- Kinsale Connect reserves the right to change the price of any type of ticket on any given route at any given time.
- The timetables are subject to change. Please confirm 48 hours prior to the travel date. Kinsale Connect reserves the right to change bus times, bus routes and the number of services operating. All changes will be announced on this website.
- All times on our timetables are dependent on traffic, road and weather conditions at the time of travel.
- Kinsale Connect is not liable for passengers that arrive later than expected.
- The consumption of food, drink, tea, coffee and alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited on Kinsale Connect coaches.
- Please note that we have no toilet facilities on any of our coaches.
- There is no smoking permitted in any format, including e-cigarettes.
- Passengers must never enter the luggage storage compartment; please ask for assistance regarding the storage or removal of any item of luggage in this area.
- For the health, safety and comfort of fellow passengers, all luggage, packages, bags, etc., are to be stored safely and securely. Overhead racks, under-seat space and luggage compartments are available to help facilitate passengers.
- Large items that may obstruct passengers’ safe exit in the case of an emergency will not be permitted to be carried on board the coach.
- Personal effects or items of luggage of a relatively expensive nature should not be packed in luggage placed in the luggage compartment but should be kept in a passenger’s hand luggage or on the person. Kinsale Connect will not be liable for any loss of or damage to such articles.
- The aisle must not be obstructed in any way.
- Do not operate emergency doors except in the case of an emergency.
- For your health and safety, standing is not permitted at any time while the coach is in motion.
- Seat belts are provided for the health, safety and comfort of you and other passengers. Please wear your seat belt at all times whilst the coach is in motion – it’s the law and it’s your responsibility.
- When you are travelling with young children under your supervision, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are appropriately secured in a seat.
- Please do not distract the driver whilst the coach is in motion.
- For the comfort of all passengers, mobile phones and personal entertainment devices may only be used for personal use and in such a manner as not to disturb other passengers.
4. Conduct – Road Traffic (Public Service Vehicles) Regulations 1963
The rules for the conduct of passengers on Kinsale Connect coaches and the powers of any driver of our coaches will apply in full to all services provided by Kinsale Connect.
Payment is required in full for all tickets at the time of booking.
All payments on bookings made on this website are processed through Stripe and PayPal. Prices displayed on the website include payment taxes and charges.
The company will not accept responsibility whatsoever for cash allegedly sent through the post.
6. Pricing policy
No booking is accepted until payment.
All tickets are subject to availability.
Period for which your ticket is valid: Your ticket permits you to make the journeys and travel on the service stated on your ticket. All Kinsale Connect bus tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, and all return bus tickets are open for travel within 12 months.
7. Fare categories
The following are Kinsale Connect’s fare categories based on age:
- Under 5s Go Free: 0–4 yrs;
- Child Fare: 5–12 yrs;
- Teen Fare: 13–19 yrs;
- Student Fare (with valid ID only);
- YAC Fare: 19–23 yrs (with valid YAC Card only);
- Student Leap Fare: students aged 16–18 or 24+ yrs (with valid Student Leap Card only);
- Free Travel: 66+ yrs (with valid Free Travel Card only).
Full details of all of our fares can be found here.
8. Carriage of children and young persons
We will not be obliged to carry any child aged under 16 unless an adult accompanies that child. All persons over the age of 24 months require their own seat.
9. Concessionary travel scheme
Kinsale Connect is part of the Free Travel Scheme. This means that we accept the Department of Social Protection issued Free Travel Card. Find out more here.
10. Guide dogs and assistance dogs
Guide dogs and assistance dogs accompanying passengers are permitted to travel on all Kinsale Connect buses. A guide dog or assistance dog must be clearly identifiable, wearing its official coat and harness to distinguish it from a working dog or pet. Each passenger is allowed only one guide dog or assistance dog. The owner is responsible for their guide dog or assistance dog, and it must be kept under control, whether leashed, harnessed or in a carrier. These dogs must not obstruct the aisle or occupy seats. Other pets or animals are not permitted on board the Kinsale Connect buses or in the luggage compartment.
If we cancel a bus service, fail to operate a bus service according to schedule or cease to operate a route or there are insufficient seats due to an accidental overbooking, and as a consequence, you reasonably decide not to travel, you may claim a full refund equal to that of the fare paid to Kinsale Connect. To claim this refund, you must return the ticket to the Kinsale Connect office within 14 days of the scheduled date of travel. This ticket must be signed and stamped by the driver of the vehicle or another Kinsale Connect representative (as appropriate) confirming that you did not travel, along with the reason for not doing so. No compensation for consequential loss whatsoever or any other compensation will be payable by Kinsale Connect.
12. Breakdown and delays
The company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, journeys may take longer than predicted due to events beyond the company’s control (e.g. severe weather, accidents, force majeure, etc.). In those circumstances, the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the ticket holder. Kinsale Connect is not responsible or liable for any costs or inconvenience caused due to missed connections.
Kinsale Connect shall not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage or personal items. All vehicles used by the company are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The ticket holder accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers’ property is carried. Large, bulky items may not be able to be carried, and the ticket holder should take all steps to notify the company in advance of such requirements. The ticket holder is responsible for minimizing the risk of loss when property is left unattended.
We are not liable for any damage caused by your luggage. You shall be responsible for any damage caused by your luggage to other persons or property, including our property.
14. Lost items – our liability for lost property
If we are notified that you have left behind or lost any belongings on a coach, we shall take reasonable care of any item if it is located. If you have not collected your lost items within 14 days of the trip, we may dispose of your lost items in any manner we wish. We shall be entitled to open and examine any lost items. If there are any items we consider dangerous, perishable, or otherwise unsuitable for storage, we shall be entitled to dispose of those items within 48 hours of our receiving or finding such items. If you find any property of any other person on any coach, you must hand it over to the driver once it is possible to do so.
15. Intellectual property
You acknowledge that Kinsale Connect and its content, including but not limited to text, images and logos identifying Kinsale Connect and/or their products and services, are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights. You are not permitted to use any trademark, patent, design right, database right, copyright or any other intellectual property right of Kinsale Connect and/or any other third party without the prior written consent of Kinsale Connect or the third party.
No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without the written consent of the company.
17. Third-party sites and links
Kinsale Connect is not responsible for the availability or content of any third-party websites or material accessed through the kinsaleconnect.ie website. Kinsale Connect does not exercise any control or supervision of the content of these linked websites.
Kinsale Connect does not endorse and shall not be held responsible for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third-party websites. Third-party websites linked through KinsaleConnect.ie are not covered by these Terms and Conditions, and Kinsale Connect accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you wish to file a claim or complaint, you should write to us stating the alleged issue in question as soon as possible. You should write and complain within 7 days and, in the case of a delay or a request for a refund, within 14 days, in both cases, from the date on which you travelled or used a Kinsale Connect service.
The Terms and Conditions set out here are subject to change and passengers should check this page for updates regularly.
If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms, and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions and all disputes and matters arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
These Terms & Conditions of Carriage and their exclusions or limits of liability apply to our servants, employees and representatives to the same extent as they apply to us. The total amount recoverable from us and from such employees, representatives and persons shall not exceed the amount of our own liability, if any.
Updated 13 September 2023.